Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Crafting for all Seasons #78 Boys will be Boys

Good morning all.
Had a lovely restful week last week in Menorca, lots of sunshine, nice hotel and lovely food...just what the Dr ordered! All washing and ironing has been done, just need to give the house a good cleaning now.
I have been limiting my time online since I got home but I'll be round to see you all shortly.

Today it's time for our next challenge at CFAS and this time the theme is "Boys will be Boys". We're  looking forward to seeing all your makes. Our sponsor this time Kenny K Downloads who gave the DT images to work with.


I've used Remote Control Digi and coloured with promarkers before die cutting with a square nestie and layering onto a fancy square die, all from Spellbinders. Paper is from Echo Park. Sentiment from Imagination and binders twine from my stash.
I have to admit to making a right pigs ear of this card at the final hurdle....I made a complete mess of stamping the sentiment onto the topper, then I forgot to tie my binders twine around the backing paper before sticking it down!!! Grrrr, simply didn't have time to redo the card so had to do a hasty fixit job :(



Do pop over to the challenge blog to see the rest of the girls inspiration, you won't be disappointed.

Challenges entered:
Die Cuttin Divas - for the boys
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - anything goes
Eureka Stamps - masculine

21 comments:

  1. Carol this is such a fun masculine design. Love the ornate frame and the twine.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon, Carol,
    A fantastic, fun card, love it.
    Glad you had a good holiday, fairly charges the batteries.
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,fab image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Carol. I love the image and brilliant layout.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card looks so cool great colouring.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Design, as always it is a pleasure to see your Creations, and thank you for sharing them with us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, it is much appreciated...I hope you will join us again for another fun challenge next week, and good luck in the draw...
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't look like you made a hash of it to me Carol. But I must admit I have done the same so many times - forgotten to wrap the ribbon round first. Grrr. Like your out of the box technique. Looks really great. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab card Carol love how you did the image out of the die. Glad you had a nice time in Menorca now back to rain! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Carol! I love the image and gorgeous frame.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous card Carol, great image and I love the way he is sitting on your die cut frame.
    I'm so pleased that you had a lovely restful holiday - I'm so jealous!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol, your card is fab! I love the image & the sentiment looks great as does the twine! Think of it more as a happy accident! lol
    We're off to Menorca later this year, soo looking forward to it!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab male card Carol and a great technique using the out of the box method.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful and so much talent ....your image and colouring is absolutely stunning as is the layout of your card What a lovely place to get away to Carol l have been there and your right the hotels are lovely as is the food and well the whole package take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card Carol, great image......what is it with men & remotes lol?
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card, great colouring, thanks for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday this week

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yeah! awesome card...
    I have a 'reach 550 candy' on my blog if you wish to join in the fun...
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well I for one, think it looks great as it is. No one will ever know what is under that sentiment.

    I mess them up all the time...you hardly ever see a direct stamp to paper on my cards...nope...just a hastily cut added piece to hide my boo boo's!

    Great male card...and so true that they love to be in full control of the remote! My DH sits with it in his hand! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carol this is fabulous, I love how you have cut him partially out and the colors are perfect.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you had a fab holiday Carol and nothing wrong with you card! I love Kenny K images they are such fun to colour...lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great guy card! So fun, I love the frame, the paper, and the image! Thanks for joining us this week for our "Masculine or Grungy." Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal Eureka Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for sharing your delightful crafting for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for May - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x