Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 17 September 2011

Happy Christmas

Well the weather doesn't know what to make of itself this morning, one minute bright sunshine, next minute rain! Think it would be safest to stay in the craft room for the day lol.

Bought a new magazine last weekend (Creative Stamping)with some freebie stamps on, it was a great set of stamps but unfortunately some of them don't cling very well. The two I used on this card weren't bad though and this is their first airing.


This is my first go at inking in different colours (hides head in shame!) and I was going to use my Petal Points metallics but they were bone dry :( so I had to get a different set out and added a gem to the star for some sparkle.

Chrissie and Mandi the LIM Divas are looking for 1000 entries this week. As I missed a few of their earlier challenges before I got seriously into this blogging lark I decided to catch up and try to do them now. This card covers Week 2 OLC flower or tree.

Challenges entered:
Less is More - anything goes
Use it Tuesday - uninked stamp

Carol x

29 comments:

  1. It's perfect, I love the tree design. The weather is the same here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea to try to catch up on some of the challenges topics you missed Carol!
    This is lovely!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Carol, love your tree xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh carol hun this is just beautiful love that xmas tree hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this stamp Carol, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have that weather too! Lovely CAS Christmas card hun. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Carol, very elegant.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Carol,

    Its been a beautiful September day today, long may that continue I say!!

    I know what you mean about being disappointed with a freebie that doesnt do what its meant to! However your card is super used with one of the stamps at least! I guess youve already washed the offending stamps in soapy water to see if that helps?

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol

    Love the tree stamp, great card.

    Hugs Ali x

    PS same weather here too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol, this is beautiful!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super idea CArol, to do some of the challenges you missed
    FAB card, thats a lovely tree
    Thank you
    Mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifuls stamped image.Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday-Haven

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card and what a fab freebie

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, great stamp. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really like this Carol and great stamping x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous Christmas tree Carol. The CAS design looks great. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty card...glad you took this week's UIT challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card,and what a super stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great one-layer card - so pretty! Thanks for joining us in the Repeat Impressions challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the tree!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card , well done :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a great christmas card...love that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a card you made! So amazing and beautiful!!! Lovely stamp you used Carol! Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercraft Challenges. Hope you will be back next week.
    Hugs Marion

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do so envy you, with your great talent for CAS, adore this fabulous creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wowzers Carol this is one very Classy creation Gorgeous Image, its just perfect for our challenge this week,

    Thank You so for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 152 One Layer Card
    I hope you join us again next week,

    Thank you so much for posting my previous candy and for becoming a follower,

    I have some new calorie free candy if you are interested
    Have a lovely day,
    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card - love the swirly tree!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Carol,
    This looks gorgeous. Such an elegant design & a fabulous freebie! Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x