Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 15 June 2015

Hello!

Good morning all.

So Saturday I was turning the heating up and yesterday I sitting outside in the sun...British weather at it's best!

Eldest is 25 today and seems to be enjoying himself in Iceland, he's off on a snow mobile trip on a glacier today...a birthday present to himself! We're going to follow in his footsteps next year and have just booked flights to New Zealand for 6 weeks in January/February....one of the reasons I've not done much crafting lately. I've been comparing prices, planning routes, checking out accommodation etc etc! We're hiring a car and just doing our own thing so lots to organize!

I'm currently trying to get ahead with all my DT commitments for the summer as we're off to Devon next month for a couple of weeks. Also need loads of cards for July...it's a very busy month!


This one is for a card swap with the theme of butterflies. Die from Wplus9...cut twice to give a little dimension whilst trying to  keep the embossed card from warping. Embossing folder from Cuttlebug, inked with abandoned coral DI. Butterfly from Visible Images stamped and heat embossed twice, inked with various shades of blue DI with added abandoned coral then fussy cut and layered. Sentiment from Wild Rose Studio, sequins from my stash.

Challenges entered:
Addicted to Stamps - summer colours
Fairytale Stampers - anything goes
Glitter and Sparkle - include a die cut
Love to Create - anything goes
Just us Girls - stacked dies
Sister Act Card Challenge - anything goes
Visible Image Face Book June Show and Tell 

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Carol......sounds like you have quite an adventure planned!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Carol, and the ink colour is gorgeous.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Carol, the butterfly looks fabulous against the pastel background.
    Sounds like you are planning an exciting trip to New Zealand next year.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carol how exciting for you and your son. Nothing planned this year here, boo.
    A great card I love your colour combo and the embossed background.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful creation Carol! Love the 3D effect you created with the butterfly, and wonderful embossing. Thanks so much for sharing with us this month at Penny Black and More!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card Carol - fabulous! Very envious of your NZ trip - I've been twice as my sister lives there - but can't wait to go again - love it! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous background and love the butterfly. Hello from Florida too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Carol love the background the butterfly looks amazing and really shows up,, love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol this is stunning, love the design and the gorgeous colours and butterfly, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Carol, a stunning butterfly and I love the embossing.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Carol! I love the beautiful butterfly & the background is the perfect way to show it off!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, fab background. Wow 6 weeks in new Zealand - brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your stacked butterfly and beautiful musical background! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. Love the background and the beautiful layered butterfly. Thank for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous card Carol. I love the musical themed background and the Butterfly finishes it off beautifully.
    Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More this month and we hope you will join us next month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card .... I love the embossed background. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wohoo for you to get to enjoy all this lovely travel to wonderful places. How exciting. Hope you will share some pictures! Loved the Abandoned coral with this particular emboss Folder. It really shows up the music score, and is lovely with that luscious blue butterfly. Good luck with getting ahead with the commitments. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your CAS card!
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    I hope to see you again in our new challenge!
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carol this is such a gorgeous card. Love the embossing and the butterfly and of course the colour too. How fabulous that you are going to New Zealand, I loved it there and I am sure you will too. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful card Carol and a lovely colour palette which really make the butterfly pop from the page.

    It's lovely to see you at Penny Black and More challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely butterfly card. Thank you for joining the ATSC this time. Hugs Rita

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x