Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 7 December 2014

Faux Pearl

Good morning all.

Unfortunately it's been a weekend of bad news so far...on Friday I found out my Uncle was very ill and not expected to live and that one of my cousins was critical after heart surgery. Sadly my Uncle died on Friday night, he was just a month short of his 88th birthday. Hopefully no news is good news regarding my cousin.

We're off to the races at Kelso today for the staff Christmas do, should be a good day out although there is snow forecast!

Today's share is a card for my cousin, I haven't added a sentiment yet as get well didn't seem appropriate at the moment.


I've used the faux pearl technique for the background, a spare piece from previous projects. This was inked up with various distress inks then die cut with a Spellbinders pierced rectangle...I've tried always to get a decent photo but the colours are just coming up muddy! The flower die is from Memory Box. Gems are added to finish off.


Challenges entered:
Less is More - colours
Sister Act Challenge - anything goes
Inspiration Destination - anything goes
A Little bit Crafty - anything but Christmas goes
The Sisters of Craft - anything goes

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Carol, that technique looks fantastic......gorgeous colours too! So sorry to hear about your Uncle, fingers crossed that it's good news about your Cousin. Enjoy your day at the races!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Carol, I love the colours and elegant design.
    Sorry to hear your sad news, sending you hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear your news about your uncle and hope you will be right about the "no news is good news" regarding your cousin. Enjoy the races.

    Interesting that we both used the faux mother of pearl technique to enter the same challenge and, my word, how differently they both turned out!!! Your LIM card is FAB-u-LOUS!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Carol, love the background as well as the whole beautiful design.
    Sorry to hear all the bad news, hope you have some better as the day goes on.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear your bad news Carol and thrilled that you found the time to create an amazing card with a fabulous interpretation of the colour scheme.
    Enjoy your day
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card Carol ! So sorry about your bad news , I hope your cousin is ok now too. Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Carol, I love your beautiful background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have had a wonderful day out. So sorry to hear about your uncle and wishing your cousin a speedy recovery.
    A beautiful card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear your bad news, I hope your cousin recovers quickly. Your card is wonderful. I love the background and the flower really sets it off.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol, this is completely stunning, that backdrop is amazing.
    I was sorry to hear your news, I hope all goes well for your cousin!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.
    Hope things are going better for your cousin.
    Beautiful, wintry card.
    Thank you joining us at LIM this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to hear your sad news Carol it is awful at any time but especially at Christmas time, hope that your cousin recovers well and I am sure will enjoy this beautifully made card
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super lovely card, thanks for sharing and entering into the Sisters Of Craft Challenge. Happy Christmas. Gill SOC DT

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x