Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Crafting for all Seasons #79 "Don't be Square"

Good morning all.

Sorry I haven't been around, real life is getting in the way of blogging and crafting at the moment.

Hubby and I took an impromptu weekend over to the Lake District at the end of May/beg of June which was lovely, the weather was very kind to us too.  Hence the plethora of blog posts on the 31st...I'd forgotten I had them all sitting waiting to be finished and slotted between my DT stuff, so apologies for bombarding you all!!

Today it's time for our next challenge at CFAS and this time the theme is "Don't be Square". We're  looking forward to seeing all your makes. Our sponsor this time Stitchy Bears Digi Outlet who gave the DT images to work with.


I've chosen to use an image of my own this time...."Airborne" from KennyKdigistamps. I've printed onto kraft card and coloured with promarkers, before die cutting with a round Spellbinder die and making a rocker card. Cogs and wheels embossing folder is from Couture Creations; sentiment from LOTV; sentiment die from Spellbinder; stars die from Joanna Sheen; cogs and wheels stamp is a magazine freebie.
Both my sons have birthdays this week so this is for my eldest....not that he'd dream of wearing a helmet when skateboarding!!


Fabulous Sponsor 2014
Do pop over to the challenge blog to see the rest of the girls inspiration, you won't be disappointed.

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Carol. Like you I have not blogging as often. Enjoy being back. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and nicely coloured and layout too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card Carol, I love the embossed and die cut details. It sounds like you had a lovely break in the Lake District - it is wonderful there if the weather is kind isn't it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you Blogging again.
    Fantastic card, love everything about it
    Happy crafting

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol your card is fab! I love the coloring on the natural coloured bagground. A really perfect card for men. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Carol, I've never tried colouring on Kraft.... one of these days!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great too see you blogging again hun with one super card too take care hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a nice time at the Lake District it's lovely there:) I scheduled some of my posts because I was doing the garden and enjoying the good weather lol card is fab love Kenny K images ..lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Carol love the design and shape. Glad you had good weather in the Lakes as its pretty miserable when it rains! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Carol, love the shape and the image is gorgeous. Glad to hear the weather was kind to you in the Lakes.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This shape of card is so perfect for the image which is so cooooooooooool! Love the way you have stamped on kraft, really a good look. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This shape card is so cool like the craft Paper and the Wheel Stamps and the stars.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x