Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 7 February 2016

Christmas Card Club "Texture"

Good morning all.

We should have moved towards Picton for our final two nights on South Island if all has gone to plan, we're spoiling ourselves in a luxury lodge overlooking the Sound.

It was Rachel's turn to pick the theme for challenge 3 at the Christmas Card Club ad she asked to see some "Texture".


My texture comes from this EF folder from Marianne Designs which hasn't seen the light of day for many a while, other dies all from Spellbinders. Sentiment from LOTV; raffia and gems from my stash. This is definitely one of my favourite colour combos for Christmas....just wish I'd cut the red card larger so it actually matted the white layer as I feel the colours aren't balanced!

You'll find the ladies in my sidebar if you'd like to see their creations too. I'll be back later with my post for the February Stencil Sunday challenge.

16 comments:

  1. A lovely design and I agree this colour combo is great for Christmas.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that's really super with the underlay colour showing and all the embossing. Raffia is a nice touch too. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Carol and you certainly have lots of texture too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of texture Carol...loving your colours mummm....rafia,sure I have some of that somewhere thank you for reminding me,need to use is xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Carol... Happy your enjoying yourself....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and loving the texture.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carol, beautiful card, love the background and the raffia makes it all pop, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors and all that fab embossed texture, especially with the raffia. Love these pretty colors combined as you've done. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great Christmas card Carol, fabulous texture and lovely colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. great make Carol - lovely stuff. Hope you're having a fabulous time. Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty card with great texture. Love the raffia too!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The red raffia is a great idea and goes so well with the red showing through the cut outs. I like the embossing folder design. Hope your enjoying you trip. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear your trip is going well!

    Your card is very pretty and that is a lovely embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really super card Carol. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x