Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 26 August 2013

Relaxing at Sea

Good morning all.
Off out today to see my second nephew and his intended to finalise the wedding stationery, hopefully I'll then manage to get a start made before I go away next month! I've spent the last few days getting ahead with some DT work and birthday cards.

Finally managed some digi scrapping over the weekend. Trish at Template Dreams brought out a new kit called "Relaxing at Sea" just as I went on holiday so managed to put it to good use using a photo of me and Mark from a cruise in 1995!!


I love seeing faded background images on other peoples layouts so decided to try it out myself....I usually end up with the main part of the picture under the rest of the design but hit lucky this time!

Challenges entered:
Lasting Memories - try something new
Digitally Sweet - summertime colours
The Pink Elephant - anything but a card

Carol x

17 comments:

  1. One awesome digi design Carol. Love this template too. I too have gone back to my scrap booking of late, one gets a bit sick of making cards all the time. Hope all works out with the wedding invites. From what you showed us they are stunning.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fab job on your faded background and the whole layout is beautiful, love the anchor! Your photo is priceless!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely page Carol. Beautiful piccy and Lo. Couldn't sleep so up sitting with a Coffee catching up on some blogs. I just don't know where my time goes so little time for blogging at mo. hopefully keep up very soon and get creating again. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol! Love the background! You created it like a pro!
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you have used the photo twice. It looks great. A lovely layout. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! This looks like it's a magazine cover! This is just awesome! Great new technique of the background photo. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week.
    Michele
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this Carol its absolutely lovely huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Carol, love the faded photograph and the design is stunning.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a brilliant layout Carol, I love your faded background image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Carol this is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning layout Carol, love the image in the background - very effective. Thanks for playing along at Digitally "Sweet" this week.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this! You nailed the faded background, awesome for your first time. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories. I will be adding this design to my must try list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page and love the faded background. Great job. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on the background. Gorgeous page. Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love this! I love the faded backgrounds as well and you did a fabulous job! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories and thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet as well!! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carol, me again! Love that background!
    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us at lasting memories

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x