Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Thursday, 14 April 2011

A Fancy Easel

From Less is More to More is More lol - I started this card last night but couldn't decide how to finish it off so left it overnight. I was a bit disappointed with my new Punch around the corner punch as it just wouldn't meet up accurately and I'd wasted precious stardream card.....................I eventually worked out what was wrong - silly me had had the lid off my cutter to get the scoring blade out and hadn't put it back on properly so everything I was measuring was a good quarter inch over!!!! Never mind I won't do it again in a hurry and at least I know now that the punch works fine. Anyway to get back to the card, I decided to make the card into an easel so I could put flowers on without overpowering the scene. This is the result:
I started with a base card of just under 6x6 and made a white mat 6.75x6.75 with my punch around the page. The backing paper is from Dovecraft and I have layered up the white flowers at the front. Tilda and Edwin have been coloured with watercolour pencils. The easel is made with an A4 sheet which has been punched on three sides, this was then stuck to the back of the 6x6 card and scored to fold out at the bottom.

This is how it looks inside - I have used my new Words with Honey stamps on the backing paper (more Dovecraft). The middle is simply matted and layered with some pearls added. The punched hearts are covering up the punching faux pax! The flowers are matted and layered onto a Marianne Die and a punched mat and finished with pearls. The swirls are also from Marianne Dies and finished with pearls. The flowers are a mix of Wild Orchid, Hobby craft and Joanna Sheen.
A close up of the flowers.
I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Magnolia-licious Highlites - use Tilda and Edwin
Wild Orchid - Wings
Anything Goes - Pearls

Thanks as always for looking.
Carol x



13 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Carol, I got that punch for Mothers Day and I love it. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Carol, Wow and double wow. Stunning easel card. Thank you for joining us at Anything goes
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is absolutely gorgeous Carol - lovely card.
    luv
    eileen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card, I love the beautiful lace frame your have created with the punch, gorgeous! Thanks for joining in with us at Anything Goes, K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Carol!!! love the overall lacy look!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful card, Carol. I love all the PATP punches but only have one. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lace around the card looks so pretty framing the cutie Tilda and Edwin! Love easel cards too! Great job Carol! Thanks for joining the challenge at Magnolia-licious Highlites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol, what a gorgeous card you have made here which will be treasured by the recipient for a long time to come. Why don't you have a look here:

    http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/challenge-26-winner-of-25-dt-call-and.html

    and try out for the Design Team. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very pretty sweetie, thanks for joining Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week, Good Luck hugs pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word Carol, this card is stunning! Love how you've even decorated every 'underside' too. Yes, that image deserves to be shown without embellishments, fab. Hugs to you, Ellie Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great scene, I love the border! Beautiful work!

    Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts 'Wings' Challenge.

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x